View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Man take a look at these prices

I bought a 150cc scooter from last year and I've had lots of fun on it, mine will run 60mph get about 80+mpg and very cheap and easy to maintain........I paid $499 + $239 shipping= $738 for the one I have, it was on a good sale last year, I have done a few upgrades to it and have a few more planned, I have some variator parts ordered and I just bought a new exhaust for it today, I have rejetted the carb and upgraded the ignition.

only trouble I have had is a $20 Voltage Reg. that quit on me after almost 2000 miles and I put a new battery on it which also cost me $20 this year.

I use it when I want to get to town a bit quicker than one of the MB's will get me there, downtown from my home in the country is 10 miles so I can get there twicw as fast on the scoot if I want to since it will cruise real nice at 50+ mph vs 30mph on the MB's.

I like them both just the same, If it has wheels and it goes I'm pretty much interested and will usually enjoy the heck out of it.

the scoots do have to be registered in Texas no matter what the size and the Mopeds do also no matter the size, 50cc or under doesnt mean diddly here anymore..... so I have mine registered and I pay Allstate the $6.30 per month for insurance and just enjoy the 80+ MPG and the 60mph if I need it.

The GY6 engines in these scooters are Honda clones and are very good little engines, overhead cam 4 smokers that will run 7000rpm's almost all day long.

I have included a pic of mine.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roketa Scoot.jpg (93.2 KB, 45 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!