Thread: Mill/Lathe
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Default Re: Mill/Lathe

Cool Blue. Good to know.

Come to find out the tools I ordered will not be here until next Tuesday. Was kinda bummed but like my first motorized bicycle kit, the wait was good and it allows time to get information like you've posted. Just dawned on me, I had been considering buying a pre-keyed shaft.
Ya mighta pushed me out of a minor bullets path again.

Been looking all over and can't find the answer. (dumb question alert) The mill does not seem to come down low enough to cut a keyway. I have yet to put an endmill in so might be worrying fer nothing. But what would some thing be called that could be locked on the work bench vise? I sent 2 pics from my phone and will post.

Sitting here looking at it, gonna be close either way. Might just need an inch or 2 if that.

Also thinking I might cut one (hehe, he said cut one) in plastic just to check my math (which is really suspect) and see if it fits and to ease into learning the machine. Dunno, was watching a how2 vid and they used plastic to demonstrate.

Again, thanks to you guys, I am taking the safety issues of this machine very seriously. Which is a nice break from my usual approach to life, snicker.

Well this is fun and comforting but my machine is no longer posted on the HF web page. So either I am one of the few who purchased it or they know some thing I don't.

Wanted to use their pic to show what I am asking. Cell phone pics are still not here.

My best buddy is legally blind and sticks his face rite up to stuff he wants to see. But one day I walk in to the kitchen and he is bent over and has his face almost against the glass of the microwave screaming; "Hurry up, I haven't got all minute!" Was rolling with laughter and always comes to mind when I do not get what I want the nano second I want it.
worst apocalypse ever