View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 02:03 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Silverbear's in frame peanut tank

No, it isn't just you. I wouldn't necessarily say it is the worst, but it surely isn't my favorite either. On some bikes it looks OK and on others ludicrous. One of the biggest problems is that there are a bazillion of them and we want our bikes to be different, custom.
I think tanks up to the grade of Sportscarpat's are top notch and beautiful. And a copper tank well made would be the cat's meow in my estimation... just a personal love of copper. Yet, a copper tank and a custom in frame tank made by an accomplished artisan are out of reach for many, probably for most of us. So this was admittedly an experiment in large part to see for myself if it could be done. It can and some might want to do it. I think it is always good to look at the options, especially when money is a big issue and to see what you can do with what you have. FR, I appreciate your honesty and this tank does not much ring my bells either. Ha! I want to see my copper tank, too, but it will be some time before that happens, probably in Tinsmith's shop next winter.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...