View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Last set of problems

Originally Posted by ex42k9j View Post

1)The CD Ign. coil doesnt seem to fit the spark plug that came with the motor (Grubee Skyhawk)
Unscrew the crown off the sparkplug, it looks like a piece of aluminum at the top of it somewhat hourglass shaped.

2)I have no idea how to install the throttle cable (??? ~ The one attached to the handlebars/kill switch)

At the end of the cable where it screws into the carb, there's a notch and a vertical line. The vertical line goes with a guide pin on the right side of the carb (when looking at from sitting on the bike). The notch goes on the left, and lines right up with the idler screw.

This is assuming you have an NT carb.

3)I dont think my clutch cable has enough tension, how do yall get that spring so tight?
Using the handle's adjusting screw, screw it in all the way. Tighten the cable at the motor, and then unscrew from the handle to tighten more.

4)Which cables go/attach where? the only cables I have hooked up are the black/blue ones from the cd ign to the motor.
:::::WIRING GUIDE :::::

Okay, first we will take note of our wires.

NOTE: Different brands tend to use different colors for some wires, so use the process of elimination to determine what color a wire is if it is not stated here.

*Kill Switch Wires : Green Wire & Red/Yellow Wire.
*Engine Wires : Blue Wire & Black Wire & White Wire.
*CDI Wires: Blue Wire & Black Wire.
*Other Stuff: Wire Cap

Now that you know what wires you have, it's time to connect them.

1. Engine's Blue Wire to CDI's Blue Wire.
2. Engine's Black Wire to CDI's Black Wire.
3. Kill Switch's Green Wire to Engine's & CDI's Black Wire.
4. Kill Switch's Red/Yellow Wire to Engine's & CDI's Blue Wire.
5. Engine's White Wire to Wire Cap.

Go ahead and fire up your bike real quick so you can test your brand new fully functional kill switch!

I don't know why the instruction manuals tell you to connect the white wire from the engine into the circuit. That's the ~7V live wire intended to be used by extra bike devices, like lights and such and such. When that white wire is in the circuit, the kill switch will not be able to stop the motor.