View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New Cranny build underway!

It's up an running! Still need to adjust the clutch. When pulled it isn't disengaging all the way which you can here in the little vid I did. First ride and I lost the tensioner wheel which caused some slight rubbing on the rear tire. Turned out to be a good thing as I then took the time to mill a skate wheel. SO MUCH SMOOTHER! I also have some tuning to do. Runs pretty good, though. Took it for a mile trip to a town center nearby. People had no idea what the heck the thing was! So good! Need to pick up a different helmet as well. The full face MX helmet just doesn't seem to fit the style of the bike! At least it's all black! Ha!

The Puch head install is next. Tried to locate some M8 threaded rod yesterday to make up some new head bolts, but struck out. I have one stock acorn that's being a bit stubborn and doesn't want to come the bolt. So instead of risking a bad seal, I threw the stock back on.

Regardless of the cursing, smashed fingers, cuts, burns, and head scratching, what a perfect way to set off the first day of summer! I don't want to get off the thing! It's just too much fun!

YouTube - ‪The Scuffed Huffy‬‏