View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Why are some bike riders so torqued up?

Originally Posted by happyvalley View Post
C'mon, if you're asking why a cyclist can be on edge, just log some miles on bikes on public roadways and you see who the real jerks are. Hint: they have four wheels.
I live in a fairly bicycle friendly area and I've been cut off, pushed off the side, had drink cups thrown out of windows, yelled at, given the finger and nearly hit on several occasions. A year ago in March my wife was hit by a truck going the wrong way on a one way street! She escaped serious injury by jumping off the bike but was still knocked to the ground as the truck stopped on her bike crushing it. It was more than a year before she got on another bike, just recently as a matter of fact so yeah you could say she is a little edgy about traffic.
You're assuming that I haven't.

All I'm saying is if she was out for a ride with her daughter, there was no reason to be flying down the sidewalk in the manner she was. The little girls legs were about to fall off trying to keep up! Then top it off with the awesome behavior and we've got #1 mom of the year. Safety first! Ha!