Thread: A Wasted Effort
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: A Wasted Effort

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
Okay, back to bicycles
I pulled the cylinder/piston/rings and replaced them. The carburetor and fuel tank were full of crud so I cleaned them and installed a new (welded on) chain tensioner bracket, adjusted the chain tension and finally rode the little beast this afternoon. It doesn't have the power it once had but that's probably the new rings/cylinder. My neighbor wants to buy it for his daughter. She's 21 and not mechanically inclined but her dad is a motorcycle guy so he'll be able to help her with it if there's problems and they live just around the corner from me so I'm there if she needs help.
I cleaned the rust off the rims and spokes, cleaned it up generally and it's about ready for a new owner.
I really need the garage space so I'll be glad to see it gone. Just hope I don't see it laying on its side in their back yard a year from now.
Good deal Tom glad to hear she will be getting what sounds to be a good home.......

and yes back to bikes now....... I just get a little wound up because I'm so concerned about our youth these days......

I moved all three of my bikes out of the shop so I could get to the tools I needed to replace a front axle hub on my wifes Monte Carlo this morning, I had to go into town and buy a 35mm axle socket that I didnt have inorder to get the job done so I rode my Scoot that has no peddles, it is also very enjoyable and gets me there and back on those 20 mile round trips to town a bit faster than my MB's because it will cruise at 55-60mph.

Hope to get a upper bearing put in one of the bikes this next week sometime if I can find the time.

My scoot pic below.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roketa MC-74 150cc scoot.jpg (155.2 KB, 26 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!