Thread: A Wasted Effort
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: A Wasted Effort

I'm 28 years old and I remember my mom having to mix oatmeal with ground beef to make it stretch out further. I remember birthdays that I cherished the one present that I would receive (usually a plastic GI Joe) and be happy as ****. I rode the same bicycle from the time i was 5 till i was 10, learning how to fix it along the way. I wasnt given a new bike either. I won $150 for selling the most items in a door to door fundraiser my school had put on, and used the money to buy a Huffy 18 speed mountain bike from Sam's club. I don't what generation I fall into, but it really doesn't matter. There was spoiled brats back in the 50's and all the way up to now. The problem is that parents don't have a clue and use material to earn their children's love and respect. My sister in law is a perfect example. She buys all three of her children a toy EVERYTIME they go to Wally World. I asked why? So they don't throw a fit. My son is 2 1/2 and he knows already that if I start counting, he better behave. And I hardly ever have to give any spankings, mostly time outs. My point is, it's def not the kids fault, and most definitely is the parents fault.