Thread: A Wasted Effort
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: A Wasted Effort

Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Our society consists of 5-6 generations depending on how old you are. You have the generation that grew up in the depression era and into WWII, then the Babyboomers that are now becoming retirement age, GenerationX--who knows what they did or are for--now we have the entitlement generation where its gimme gimme gimme. Up and coming Millenium generation with the cell phones and laptops thrive on a 3 day week and 6 months vacation. Wouldn't get their hands dirty for nothing. I don't know where its all went wrong, but when you got a step son that goes out looking for a job and the boss said he'd pay him what he was worth, he told him he wouldn't work that cheap. I know 40 yr olds are still living in their Mom's garage. I watched the neighbor kid come home from school the other day on his bicycle come up the drive way jumped off it and let is slam into the ground and into the house he ran. No respect for anything.
No wonder this country's in the shape it is.
Amen Brother..............

Each generation you just described has made the next one worse by trying to "make things better for their kids than they had it" this is what has made this unruly, ungreatful generation of everyone owes me something and all my problems are some elses fault what they are.

people get lazy when things get to easy and this has been the road this country has been on for years, and our "leadership" loves it......the more they hand stuff out the dumber and needier the (sheeple) get and the more wealth and power the leadership gets..........

most people with an entitlement mentality dont truly realize that the people that offer them the hand outs are basically telling them that they are doing it because they think the recipients are to stupid to do it themselves and they need them as a life line, and all it will cost them is a bit more of their freedom.......until one day they are enslaved by the state........... this happens every time it's tried......history tells us this and our kids this day and time are prime (subjects).....

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!