View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Ahh FWer.

(if you have a half torn down engine on the coffee table and a bicycle in the corner, ya might be a MBer)

Best of luck with the new diggs.

Finally got around to fixing my engine slipping down and causing my chain to fall off. Kinda jury rigged but is just for now. Which of course means it is permanent, lol. I really like my engine mount and did not want to change it even though it slides just enough to cause this. So took a threaded hook and a turn-buckle to hoist it. Works well but kinda ruins my goal of the engine looking like it is part of the frame. Pic makes it appear more pronounced looking then it does in person.

Also!, and am asking here. I had to swap the plug cap from the extended HF one to a regular/short one. Had to take off the terminal. (small nipple on the plug's head) The engine loved it! Started easier, ran smoother and although I did not have a tach on this bike, seemed faster then just minutes before using the same plug with the terminal still on the plug. Was not a placebo effect as I was not expecting a change. Any ideas? Was a big difference.

Also needed less choke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine hoist.jpg (110.1 KB, 43 views)
worst apocalypse ever

Last edited by Dan; 06-05-2011 at 07:48 PM.