View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by retromike3 View Post
I was having my clutch lever juggle out at inappropriate times causing me to kill the motor at stops and not be able to start, So I mounted a plate on the clutch cover that had a right angle on it with a spring that held the clutch lever down.I put a ten mm bolt from a brake pad so it had a top that the spring would rest on and not jump off. I had to pound a slight bow in the plate so that the arm moved freely.

I had to drill and tap a couple of fine threaded screws to the clutch plate. I then pit blue lock tight on the inside of the threads.

The more I do the more its looking like a rat rod.

This is how I fixed mine when I was having the same issue with the my clutch arm/sprocket cover.

I got some Alumi Weld rods from Harbor Freight Tools and then with some carb cleaner I cleaned the cover very good, then took my 4 1/2" hand grinder and groound a flat spot where that little retainer pin is and then sprayed again with carb. cleaner, scrubbed the area to be fixed real good with a STAINLESS STEEL wire brush (this is a must) cant use steel wire brush it has to be stainless steel or the alumi weld wont stick.... I then heated the area to be repaired and used the rods as nstructed, have not had one come loose and cause me another problem since this fix on 3 or 4 of the covers so far.

Hope this helps some one here if you are having this issue.

By the way the retainer set up you made there is just fine it wil do the trick if that is all you have to work with, nothing wrong with a good fix......

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03132011(002).jpg (22.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 03132011(003).jpg (35.9 KB, 30 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!