View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by chrisme View Post
Warmed the engine up with the NT on, and then put the CNS on. Hoping I'd have more luck starting with a warm engine.... NO!

It's a really steep hill out of my garage, and it couldn't even go up. So I pedaled to the road... Once I got going it scooted right along down the road. Still running weird though. I don't think it's sealing well and has an air leak. But then it'll go and run wicked rich and 4stroke to the point of completely stalling out. So I dunno. I tried a bunch of jets, bigger and smaller, different float levels, needles levels. It's a POS.
I'm usually really good at making carbs work.

So instead I spent an hour and tuned my NT. Runs amazingly well
As we say around here you're trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crap....thats the problem with that CNS carb, order the RT carb from Thats Dax and I'll bet you'll be happy, I have one I haven'yt used yet but I have PM'ed a coupel fellas who know their stuff on these engines and they said the RT carb is a winner and does real well once rejetted to the china girl....

Best wishes......

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!