View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Find a Dealer & Review

Originally Posted by atagent View Post
Sorry, I'm no mechanic so I have no idea. But basically the small sprocket in the motor where the chain goes thru is stuck. My bro-in-law, the mechanic, originally thought it was compression, but after taking out the spark plug, it's still stuck. He did take it apart but said the thing pretty much seized up. He did say it's just a simple motor, but something is stuck good inside... I think he said it was the clutch? But at least he's a mechanic, and knows what he's talking about. And still no replies as of today (8/8/08).

I'll consider emailing them the link and filing with ripoff Thanks for the suggestions!
I've bought a couple of kits from Zoom and they were fine. One thing they do say is (It's in the instructions) is that the sprocket may not want to turn and you need to use a screwdriver or other prying device to turn it initially. Mine were like that and I panicked on the first one till I tried their method. After a few turns it loosened up and worked great. Might not be what you had but this is from my experience with Zoom. I'd buy from them again.
Waaaaay Too Many Projects

Live forever or die in the attempt...