View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

The Tanaka 47R engine's sparkplug has 500 miles on it, but I decided to replace it anyway. Afterwards, I rode to the pancake restaurant where I met my wife and son for brunch. After leaving them, I rode to town five miles away and purchased 2-cycle oil. In order to burn my last few ounces of fuel in my four-liter HT tank, I rode a few more miles to Ala Moana Park, a very popular beach for surfers and picknickers. There is a Festival of Lanterns Event happening this evening. The park was almost full, so police closed off the west entrance that I was approaching. Since traffic was at a gridlock, I hopped the curb, killed my engine and pedalled past the cop and into the park(no response from him). Cruising through the crowded park, I found my favorite tree. It is always available because it's next to the broad sidewalk and faces incoming traffic. There was just enough shade for me to rest for half an hour. Off I went to my apartment getaway, where I watered my plant, picked up my 72t sprocket, freewheel and new crank arm. Having chilled for an hour, I started the eight-mile trek home. I was running on fumes, so two miles into the home stretch, I pulled into a Chevron station, shut the engine off and closed the petcock. After filling half a gallon, I poured in the oil and finished pumping gas. To ensure that the oil mixed well, I pedalled a couple blocks, making sure to run off and on the curbs for more jiggle and slosh. Following that, the Tanaka 47R engine fired up and pushed me home in quick fashion. Top speed of 67kph(41.9mph) was hit in a 56kph(35mph) speed limit zone, but I like to cruise at 56kph(35mph).

Reaching home, there was very little oil mist to wipe down. The tank is full, tire pressure is @ 50psi.

I'm all set for tomorrow's commute to work!

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 05-31-2011 at 12:51 AM.