View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hello from the Gulf Coast of Mississippi

Originally Posted by gia View Post
If you are looking for a general all-purpose cargo trailer that doesn't break the bank...or give up when you need it the most, take a look at Aosom trailers. They are cheap, but they roll well and have the solid bottom I wanted. I'm usually carrying a large dog with large toenails...and I couldn't see a fabric bottom working well over the long term.

Right now, the site is "out of stock" and has been for some time on the cargo trailers...but SOMEBODY is selling them on Ebay. 3 different sizes, the 2 smaller ones use 16" wheels, the large uses 20". They are rated for 180 lb capacity, and weigh in at 35 lbs. Empty, you don't even feel it behind you and it will startle you when you hit a bump and it rattles or something.

Price wise, nobody is coming close--the small has been around $100, going up about $10 per size. Beats a "kiddie cart" for hauling cargo OR big dogs! (Put the kid in a car seat, and I guess that would work too?)
Thank you for the info. I made a purchase at the local Costco and it was a fabric bottom unit but I hope to add a 12V deep cycle battery by reversing the forks for the baby wheel to point backwards and I will attach the battery case to that.
My goal is to have Laptop power for the evening camping. Also looking at small generators as well.
So it will be a project soon I hope.
Perhaps when all is done it will be more solid bottom than fabric.

We will see !