View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: debunking myths about walmart bikes

Ok i picked up a huffy Nel Lusso for 119 at walmart straped on a grubee and no real problems welds are good i did have to grease everything as everthing is supposed to be when it is put together but the boobs at wal mart neglect to do during assembly. the fender an mounts are rather weak other than that its great i purchased it so i could upgrade as i go i am not nice to it an everthing is still fine. However i just purchased a schwinn clairmont (step through) for my wife got a deal i paid 99.96 but it is normally 159.99 one problem i attribute to again the boobs putting it together striped the bolt that holds the derailuer to th frame the frame threads are good just the bolt was bad. Sure these bikes are cheap if you plan on up grading as you want it will end up cheaper than paying 500.00 thas still made in china for one an still endup changing rims, forksm,etc. what ever you do dont trust the worksman ship. people will still cry garbage an go an spend 500.00 on a high end bike but in the end im into my motorized bicycle for only 270.00 total and have been clocked on radar at 33mph