View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: debunking myths about walmart bikes

oh god what could i add to this ?

i hate shopping at the commie mart , but yeah i have bought just about every bike i have ever owned there ,because i am poor , walmart has cut rate models made for them like all chain stores do , all bikes are crap today , its a 50 / 50 shot at getting a decent one , most of even the mid and somewhat higher priced USA models{ specialized , felt ,trek etc } are the same taiwan/china made frames that are on the higher end walmart bikes , my mother works at walmart , trust me they only sell seconds of everything,
every bike i bought there had something wrong with it , nicks , dings ,bent and un-true rims , with all that said , the perk is the 90 day return policy , make them get you a bike in the box , put it together yourself , check the frame welds very close , and check them again every so often, plan on putting new tires, tubes , velox rim tape and truing the wheel before you hit the road ..or it hits you first LOL , and if the fames last a few of years like mine have plan on buying a new set of Mavic rims , i love my schwinn varsity i bought at walmart in 2006 , i have rode it thousands of miles, and it fits me like a glove , the factory rims were not true and couldn't be trued , i was going to buy a specialized at my only bike shop in town for $900+ , it was the same bike except for the shifters ,mavic rims, carbon fiber seat post and handle bars , i am poor so i bought the varsity for $200 and a $200 set of wheels and called it done , i have never been happier with a walmart purchase ..
i generally take the long cut home