View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
ouch man, that sucks.

was almost tempted to get some puch parts to replace it with c:
Yeah, I really should have known better with all the small engine I've built up and repaired over the last 30 years, I wasn't sure what my problem was at the time and thought since the engine came loose I would just go ahead and give it another lasted about 10 miles and bam ther she went and it was done, that lower con rod bearing was faulty from the factory and it cost me that engine, only thing I saved was the case and clutch parts, then I rebuilt it with a used crankshaft that looked to be in very good shape and it failed again after only 420 miles, engine was still running but the crank shifted and ate up the case under the mag rotor which also destroyed the crank seal which caused it to rev out of control and run like it had cruise didnt run long this way and the jug, piston and rings are all still in good shape, so I'm gonna order a new lower engine assy. from BGF and just put the jug & piston over on it and after a short run in period for the lower end, I should have myself another good engine........if the lower I get is a good one.!

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 05-27-2011 at 03:31 PM.