Thread: 100:1 Mix
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 100:1 Mix

Originally Posted by DuctTapedGoat View Post
So, I'm finally jumping on the wagon in here. After reading the last half dozen pages - I've got a question to opti2 users.

I know that you run your motors day one at 100:1. But, everything has a "memory" of some sort, be it batteries or be they hinges. Motor top end is one of those things.

People saying "Opti2 @ 100:1 is bad, don't do it" doesn't help anyone at all. People are gonna do what they're gonna do, both sides have been stated, so now - what if someone wants to convert over after they've read enough to make an informed decision? (myself for example)

Were I to switch over to opti2 on my next fill up, what ratio would be best in your best ball park opinion? Balls to the wall at 100:1, or taper down from a 60:1 gallon, 80:1 gallon and then 100:1?

Ball parking and hypothetically, lets say I have 2 motors, ones running dino at 32:1, and the other runs 40:1 auto shop synth, would there be any difference in the changing over period?

I switched my highest mileage engine overfrom Scheaffer Syn. 2 stroke oil after it had maybe 500-600 miles on it and it runs better now than it did before and I had mixed the Opti 2 @ the 1.8oz per gal. which is stated as being 72:1 and all I had to do was retune my carb a bit to get the 4 stroking reduced, ( I had to down size my main jet in the carb. by soldering it up and redrilling it with a #73 wire gauge bit) now it runs pretty nice and no more of all that smoke and stink it had before, didn't change anything else, and this bike has made several trips of 15+ miles @ WOT almost the entire way, never had a glitch with this engine, and it's not the slant head engine with the 8mm studs either it's the little 6mm head studded engine and is bone stock, only thing changed is the exhaust and spark plug & boot.

I say get a coupe packets of the 1.8oz size mix in a gallon of gas put it in the bike after yourun the stuff you have in it now almost out and take off, you will likely need to tune the carb a bit but you will be good to go in my opinion.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 05-26-2011 at 06:04 PM.