View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: How long do your tires last?

I have one bike with 1,200 miles on it still has the same tires, and they still look almost new, it is a mountain bike and has Bell Kevlar MT tires I think I paid about $12 each for them, same tires wally world sells.

I have another bike with 550 miles on it and it has all those miles on a set of Kenda Khan K935 Semi Slick Tires and they still look almost brand new, and 2/3's of those 550 miles are on rough dirt roads and the other 1/3 of the miles are on pavement. these tires with the thick puncture resistant tubes make a good combination that grips good on dirt and on pavement in my experience and they are holding up good also, the back tire shows slightly more wear than the front but very little difference in the two, I'm sure I'll be replacing the rear before the front but I figure that will be at least 1500-2000+ more miles before I'll have to worry about that.

These semi slick type tires will not last as long as a tire with heavier tread but the rolling resistance is a bit lower and that is why I'm trying them out on this bike, but honestly I'm not sure it really makes that much difference ( "LESS ROLLING RESISTANCE" )

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!