View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Tips for the newer members

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
The search feature isn't that hard to figure out. 'Chain tensioner' 'Spark Plug', 'Mount' how hard is that? Anyone can use a keyword and that's usually all it takes to give them pages and pages to read on the subject.

As most of you know I've been here for a few years and I can't count the threads I've seen started with, 'Chain Tensioner' by a newbie.
Before I joined the forum I spent hours reading what had previously been written about the most common subjects.
We are always willing to help with specific problems but, honestly, how many times can you willingly explain the wiring for Chinese 2 stroke engine before you just want to say,
"Research, before you ask"?

I'm always ready to help out a newbie and go out of my way to explain the basics but after explaining some of the simpliest inquiries time and time again, it can get old. Especially when the answers are readily available to those who will take the time to look for them. A few of the older members have given up and quit posting help/answers for that reason. They simply get tired of repeating themselves.
the fact that there is "pages and pages to read on the subject" can also be a problem, after reading 10 threads with none of them being relevant to your specific question or providing an answer to your situation, it certainly seems worthwhile to just ask the question in a new thread.