View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: The Violator is born!

Originally Posted by bigbutterbean View Post
Its funny, I have ended up on the ground twice on an MB. The first time was semi-serious. I sideswiped a lady in an SUV who didn't have her turn signal on. Went to the ER, but really just had a banged up leg and a few scrapes. Nothing broken, no stitches. The second time was hardly nothing, laid the bike down turning into a parking lot after a rain. Bruised knee was the only injury I sustained that day. Mostly it just shook me up. After the first wreck, I would be up half the night, sick to my stomach worrying that I was gonna wreck again. But no matter how scared I was, it never kept me off my bike for a second. Because I'm a man, and when its time to strap up and ride, my ass is strapped up and ready to ride.
I know what you mean. If you really love these things, it's hard to stay off. I got slammed off my first bike by a Ford F-150, sent tumbling down the street. Multiple leg fractures, broken tailbone, cracked pelvis, sundry sprains, strains, dislocations, lacerations, bruising, and a few assorted nightmares. But I've been healing up, walking pretty good now, and I've been building a new bike that I plan to ride soon. Am I nuts or what?

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"