Re: Staton Robin Subaru crank shift kit
Here are the directions I got from Staton
Instructions for the Crank Shift Kit
Be sure you have all the tools needed first before you start the job. Below is a list of what you may need.
1. 8mm Allan Wrench to remove and install the Bottom Bracket (BB) Axle bolts.
2. Tool Crank Puller Series III. 14 / 15mm 8mm Hex
3. Chain Breaker For IG / HG / UG 410H or hand grinder, file.
4. Tool to remove your old cups Bottom Bracket with the 1/2" Square Drive.
5. The Staton cups can be installed with a Large Crescent Wrench or Channel Lock pliers that open to 1.39”.
6. Small Wire or Brass Brush to clean out threads. Oil or light grease to place in the threads of the BB.
7. 7/16” Open Wrench
8. 9/16” Open Wrench
9. After you install the Staton cups with the four bearings. The Axle will be pre installed in the chain ring set along with the key way.
The three spacers will also be on the axle with black tape holding them on.
The spacers are:
One: 16mm flat washer with a 17.15mm ID and 30mm OD x 3mm thick.
Three: ¾” Snap Rings 0.40” thick each.
Outer before the crank arm goes on. Add One: 16mm flat washer with a 17.15mm ID and 30mm OD x 3mm thick. Two: ¾” Snap Ring 0.40” thick each.
Left Side, Add One: ¾” Snap Ring 0.40” thick each.
Note: You may have to Add more spacers due to the width of the bottom bracket.