View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Darn stubby legs ...

Hey Measure Twice,
Here are some pictures I hope they help. I took these with the flash I hope you can make them out. If you are using windows, save the pictures and in picture viewer you can magnify them to increase the size to see them better. You may already know this? I see others are able to post bigger pictures but I don't know how to do it. Maybe someone could help me?

I have a cut off saw so I was able to cut the 40 degree angle myself but I did get someone else to weld the seat post back together. The guy charged me $5 to TIG weld it, I was happy I thought that was cheap. This mod moved the seat back and lower also take note of the seat clamp it is up side down this way you get maybe another inch lower, it tucks the seat post right up into the seat. If you still need the seat lower the seat post clamp on the frame if you can easily see the weld you could grind this weld and you could move the clamp down re-weld and then be able to cut half an inch off the frame tube itself. Others may have better ideas to get the seat lower.

I remeasured my bike it is just over 29 inches from the ground to the seat.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (Small).JPG (60.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (Small).JPG (71.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 004 (Small).JPG (72.1 KB, 32 views)