View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Finally built it but one problem

OK, here's what I have. I took a picture of the chain/tensioner alignment issue 2door was referring to and attached it. Had to rotate it for this site to upload it but you should "get the picture". Let me know if this is what you were looking for. I'll take another picture after I bend it to align. First I'm going to take matthurd's suggestion and hammer out the tensioner bracket. BUT WAIT! I had an idea. I figured the hammering was to take out some of the curve in the tensioner bracket so it could grab my undersized chainstay better, right? Then I figured if I hammered one side(the one without the pulley on it)completely flat that would probably solve the problem. Then I remembered the plate that bikeberry sent me with my 48cc skyhawk kit. I believe it was intended as a universal "t" mount. The one you would use for mounting the front of the engine to an oversized downtube. The one you would use if you were going to drill through the downtube. I checked the spacing of the holes on that flat steel plate and guess what? They match up exactly with the holes on the tensioner bracket. SO..... if I swap the "t" bracket plate with the curved tensioner bracket I may solve the problem with zero hammering. I'll post once I've tried it and tell ya'll what happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0003-1-1.jpg (64.0 KB, 36 views)