View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Noob From West TN

Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Welcome to the forum from Dallas.

The MM hub adapter comes in a couple of sizes. One for coaster brakes, and there's another one for 3 speed hubs.

If you're not going racing the stock wheels will be alright. One way to improve them a little without much cost is to have the stock wheel trued and all the spokes tightened. If you take it to a bike shop expect to pay about $18-25 a wheel. The rear wheel benefits the most.

It's a good idea to take the hub apart and grease it with synthetic grease. For the first few hundred miles keep a close eye on the bearing end play. The bearings will losen up a lot at first.

My bike only has a coaster brake, and I'm not having any problems, but I'm a very experienced rider.
Thank you for the feedback! I actually went with a coaster brake bike (cranbrook), picked it up a couple hours ago. I went to piratecycles to buy the hub adapter but unfortunately they are showing out of stock right now so I emailed them as I really don't want to use the rag adapter that comes with the kit. Any chance that anyone on the forum has a used one to offload?