View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: How Did You Get Started With Motorized Bicycles?

When gas hit three dollars per gallon the first time, I opted to "go green" and begin taking the bus to work. My workplace provides free bus passes. Before that, I had been driving my van, paying for gas, and paying for a full day's worth of downtown parking. (ouch)

To get to work on time, I must wake shortly after 5 am in the morning. (ouch) There is only one bus route that, at that time of day, runs hourly out to where I live. The #24. On one bus trip I had a very downtrodden looking homeless fellow sit next to me. He smelled more like five homeless fellows. Suddenly I despised taking the bus too.

Looking at him I thought "That's me if I don't keep my job." But I knew there had to be at least one other option available to me. Gas too expensive now. Parking just went up again. Electric bikes - nowhere to plug 'em in at work. Walking? Pedalling? no no no no.
I remembered my motor-swapping youth, did research online, and here I am.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"