View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: How Did You Get Started With Motorized Bicycles?

Nov. 2009

I was looking around on ebay and came across BGF Motorized Bicycle Kits, I had been playing around with a home built GoKart that was wicked fast and I was actually looking for GX200 Honda parts when I stumbled onto the kit add, I put it in my watch list and looked at it everyday for a couple of days until I just couldn't take it anymore and ordered it not really knowing for sure what I was getting into.........!

I knew it had to be china made and I knew some of the parts had to be a little roughly made or possibly junk, but since I'm a full blown tinker'er I figured I could do something with it for the $116 or so bucks it all cost at that time.

After I got the engine mounted and running and also after I had replaced the rear mounting studs several times because of the rubber I was putting under them to " dampen the vibrations " I finally found this forum, and with a bit of help from several of the ole pro's here (Bairdco, 2 Door, Jim, Venice, Norm, and several others )I was able to get all the mounting issues worked out and get the carb. tuned properly by end of March or first of April 2010....., I've put 2 more bikes together since then and have really enjoyed the "RIDE" up to now and have no doubt I will continue to enjoy it until I can't do it anymore. someone that hasn't had the pleasure of one of these MB's just dont understand how much fun it really is to take a cruise on one of them.

Lots of water under the bridge now, but it has been an excellent ride so far even with all the bumps in the road and the blown engines and broke parts in the onset of this adventure.

Happy Safe Fun Riding is what it's all about and I wish this for all......

Peace, Shan
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!