View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Using Oil Jugs For Gas : No Opinions - Only Experience.

Made these up this after noon from the heavy alum. venom energy drink bottles.

I drilled a small hole in the lids and then got the small fuel line and then took a red plastic tube off of an empty can of spray carb cleaner and then cut it into 1/2" pieces and the n insert it into the fuel tubing, it is a snug fit and will help prevent the tubing from kinking where it come through the lid, I then put high temp silicone aroun the tubing and then pulled it down into position with only 1/4" - 3/8" long on inside of lid, I used Gorilla tape to secure the tubing down to the lid and then painted the bottles with some glossy high heat engine paint and!

I now have a way to carry an extra 3/4 of a gal. of premix fuel on my bike when I get my little carry on fuel box built.

I may actually go to the auto parts house and get a can of the spray truck bed liner and give the can a good coat of that, it will make them very durable then and they wont get scatched up either.

I saved about 25-30 of these bottles thinking I might have a good use for them in the future and here it is.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg venom_gas can 16.9oz.jpg (86.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 05102011(001).jpg (107.3 KB, 139 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!