View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Using Oil Jugs For Gas : No Opinions - Only Experience.

Good deal thats good to hear.

Yeah I had wondered about the seals on the bottles and had thought I might just replace them with a seal that I know will tolerate the fuel.

Thanks GH

and everyone else that has rang in here on this fuel bottle stuff.

since I last posted earlier I have just got back from a 16+ mile round trip to go pay my water bill in a little town not far from me, I been having some carb issues and they got a bit worse so after my late lunch I'll be replacing the carb an that bike, the slide has been sticking in it for a while and I cant figure out why so I'm just gonna take the main jet out of it and put it in one of my other NT carbs and be done with that little sucker, I think I paid $8 for it off ebay from an individual that said it was like new, it was advertised as the SPEED carb. but wasnt when I got it, it's just a plain old NT it had the square red filter box on it, I've never had it working just right from the get go, just never has mtered right for some reason, so it goes in the parts bin now..... and then I'm gonna tinker with my soon to be reserve fuel cans.....

Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
I have been using the larger alum. bottles that we can buy at the store to put whatever in. One older bottle that I got from a garage sale the rubber Oring got funny on . The rest work great. I just replaced the O ring.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!