View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Cadillac Crusiers discontinued

Originally Posted by corgi1 View Post
$249 free shipping w/a $10 dollar additional savings (even on the sale price) w/the code "1STVISIT" the bike listed on the 2nd add in the #1 entry of this thread,,,,,is that an old add or does it upgrade as days go by like most sites
I just got bikes4famlies last NuVinci Caddy (thanks Kirt!).
Unless some other place has them you'll be paying out the poop shoot for one on amazon now. Cadillac Fleetwood Cruiser Bike (26-Inch Wheels): Sports & Outdoors

$600 + shipping!
Pffttt... If it had a front shock and disc brake maybe.

That's OK, this one will just have to stay in my stable for me;-}
Originally Posted by View Post
i'm looking in to see if i can put a cap and petcock on main bar and call it a gas tank...
Do the volume math.
I did a couple of weeks ago when I was exploring that option but can't find my scratch sheet for exact numbers but all that top tube would hold if you could use all of it is was ~1/3rd of gallon.
With your high performance motor you would have to race from gas station to gas station to keep running it ;-}

I was over at my local welding shop last week to have a custom spring tensioner made for another build and asked them about a custom back rack tank for another Caddy build.

Now this unassuming shop has been around for decades and huge.
We found the perfect steel beam to use to make a gas tank for cheap.
I will get to that when my personal caddy gets here and I get started but as far as math for my tank goes it will be ~1 gallon and double as a flat back rack ;-}
KC's Krusiers Builds