View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I built new exhaust for 2 of my bikes today, nothing real fancy but they sound good, a bit loud but a nice tone.

I went to one of our local Muffler Shops ( Best Little Muffler Shop In Texas ) this morning and had him cut me 2 pieces of pipe 6" long and then spread the end of each so that they would fit over the mower muffler, I used my metal/chop saw to cut the angle on it, the deverter plate that is up inside the muffler has been drilled out so it doesn't cause to much back pressure, the lead off/header pipe shows in the pic how I matched the gasket to the engine and then modified the header to be matched to the gasket that matches the engine port, I polished the ground area on the falnge so it is smoothe as a babies butt, this exhaust flows really good and is pretty simple to make with the right tools and is way better than the stock mufflers even though I used the stock header pipe after I reshaped the flange - gasket - port opening.

pics of some of the proccess included, I didnt take pics of when I cut the threaded end of the mower mufler or when I brazed it all together.

I will post pics of the exhaust on the bike in another post right after I post this one because I've used my 5 limit already....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike muffler1.jpg (41.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg bike muffler2.jpg (38.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg bike muffler3.jpg (42.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg bike muffler4.jpg (46.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg mufflerflange2.jpg (29.7 KB, 46 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!