Thread: Crazy Speeds
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Crazy Speeds

I GPS 39MPH with a 66cc slant HT, head has been seriously shaved, transfer ports polished and matched, intake deburred and cleaned up, exhaust depurred and polished real nice, manic port matched intake, good plug, boot, wire, extremely free flowing exhaust and I'm running a 36T sprocket.

This thing sounds like it's turning 10,000 RPM's at 39mph, I still dont know how people are getting these approx. 40+mph speeds out of bikes with a 36T sprockets.

I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong or maybe just failing to do to get over that 40mph hump....because I can't seem to get there with mine and it is a very strong high torque engine that pulls hills like crazy and is just a very good running engine, with a nice cruise speed of 30-32 with very little vibration, I hit 39MPH and it goes flat and she wont turn another rpm period, I would love to have it cruise nice on the flats at 35mph and top out at 40+mph maybe I need to put a 30T or 32T sprocket on it to get those speeds, not sure.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!