View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I did some porting, gasket making & head & jug shaving on one of my engines today, I pulled the top off, Head, Jug, Exhaust, Intake, Carb.

I polished the transfer ports pretty good and smoothed up the intake and exhaust by removing all those typical burrs that are always in the ports of these engines, I then port matched everything real nice and made a new intake gasket for the Billet Manic M. intake I put on it, I also smoothed up the inside of the exhaust lead off pipe for the SBP expansion Chamber I put on it, it had some over penetrated welds on the inside that needed ground out.

I also shaved .002 off the jug deck and shaved .006 off the head, I made a new head gasket out of .016 Alum. which is .011 thinner than the .027 gasket that was on the engine when I started the mods today.

I started on it at about 1:30PM and had back together and running by 8:00pm, took it for a very short ride just up the road and back, but it was getting dark so I couldnt really open it up to see if what I did helped the top end or not, but I could tell it has a much better throttle response than before.

Now if it just helped the top end a bit Ill be happy, it was topping out at 31MPH with a 34T sprocket which was pretty weak compared to my other bikes which will hit 37mph & 39mph with larger sprocket a 41T & a 36T.

I'm still not convinced that the SBP expaansion chamber isnt some of my trouble on top end, I may be getting rid of that baffle on the back of it and putting my own muffler back there like the one I rigged up on one of my other bikes, just need to do some more testing in the next few days and see what I come up with.....

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 05-04-2011 at 10:12 PM.