View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: I Want Reliability

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
As for your current problem, running for a short while then stopping, this could be the result of your fuel tank cap not venting or a defective CDI that performs when cool but developes a problem when warm. Try riding with the fuel tank cap loose for a while and see if that doesn't fix the problem. If not, replace the CDI and give it a try.
Thank you for the advice, I know that my tank vents well because fuel sloshes out all the time and makes a mess lol ( I am trying to come up with a fix for this that allows it to vent but not slosh all over me) as for the CDI I will order a another to try that out, I am going to try a different spark plug other than the one that came with the kit also since I see almost everybody uses an NGK. I havenít broken a chain since I switched over but I did add a spacer behind the sprocket and I think that helped, I will try the #41 chain and save the BMX chain for a back up. This is a fun and fairly inexpensive hobby, so far I like it. Thanks for the help guys.