View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Thats very cool,

I'm fairly new to the 2 strokes, I've build several pretty solid 4 strokes in the past, but I still have a lot to learn on the 2smokers, built my first engine about 32 years ago myself so I been tinkering with lots of this junk for many years, I had an uncle that set some records on the old Yamaha RD's back in the day, but I was too young & unconcerned at the time to remember all the stuff he said about the engine work he did back them, he owned a Yamaha deakership here in Texas at that time, but He's passed on now so I cant ask him about any of it.

I wish I would have been older so I could have learned more of the stuff on the 2 strokes like you are talking about, I sure could have used it now while tinkering with these china girls.

Keep us posted on your results and post some pics too if you can, I know I am very interested in your project and wish you the best of luck with it.

Originally Posted by MarkSumpter View Post
I have oly been building high performance 2 strokes for 30+ years. I pressure tested this engine and sealed the crankcase before installing it and replaced the crank seals with good quality double ribbed seals. I havent hooked up the tach but I can tell you it is a strong 8.5-9K RPM if not higherr and falls right back to 800 idle...
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!