View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Help, chain hits 2.125 tires

Change the tire not the chain, # 41 is a wider chain not narrower....

Just get a 26x1.95 size tire on the back of the bike or a 26x1.75 and the clearance issue will likely go away, that is what I did on all three of my bikes I have the 26x1.95 on 2 of them and I have some very heavy duty 26x1.75 tires on another, chain rubbed the tire on 2 of them before I made the switch and they both originally had the 26x2.125 cruiser tires on them.

narrower back tire should fix you right up, the #41 chain WILL make the problem worse the #415 chain is a 1/2 x 3/16 chain & the #41 chain deminsions are 1/2 x 1/4, it is 1/16" wider than the #415 chain.

Check out the link here, I have these on one of my bikes which is a Huffy Beach Cruiser and they clear everything great, these are awesome tires too, low rolling resistance and good side bite when cornering on or off road, and they are sold here at a great price as well.

Check-em out here:

Good luck with the build bro.

Originally Posted by haste View Post
Was really excited to ride today.. Now another week or so since I gotta get a new chain?
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 05-01-2011 at 06:14 PM.