View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

38.4 MPH with a 48T rear you must be turning some serious RPM's...!

My fastest bike is screaming with a 36T sprocket to hit a GPS'd speed of 39MPH, and it is ported pretty good has the manic intake and a very well tuned NT carb. it also has an extremely shaved head so that the compression is very high, so high in fact that if I'm not running fast enough when I dump the clutch it's like slamming on the brakes and will slide the rear wheel to a complete stop.

I'll be very curious to hear what it tops out at with the smaller sprocket for sure, sounds like you must have an excellent engine there.

Originally Posted by MarkSumpter View Post
HA since my last post on the Grubee 66 cc that I mounted the Manic Mechanic straight ported intake on it has rained continuously. I finished making the gasket for the intake, head and jug yesterday and sealed them up with Iindian Head shellac and reassembled everything yesterday but because of the rain I only got the bike started for short wet runs and found it to be very strong as to its previous state.

Today I got a break in the rain and actually got to take about a 5 mile ride down 741 hwy and this time I thought to bring my GPS to measure top speed. I knew I was going fast but got a lump in my throat when I checked it. Flat and level top speed was 38.4 mph.... Previous best speed was about 32.

If you have a Grubee 66 cc that is well broken in and a good CNSv1 the new intake is awesome and well worth a shot. Right now I am running a 48 tooth sprocket and cant wait to see what it does with the 44 tooth... And the right angle pull fix I did worked flawlessly.

Just amazed I am now ready for a really nice day to ride.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 05-01-2011 at 05:45 PM.