Thread: hello,lisa here
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: hello,lisa here

Originally Posted by lisala433 View Post
Thanks All for the quick replys;to jemma plug was light chocolate,shelled="Destroyed!!" horrible rattling sound,just before it quit...
Wrist pin rings were still intact and tight....,"Lord Vader",wrist pin needle roller cage was broken in peices....intake and exhaust ports were smooth,oiling ports for lower crankcase were really rough.....rod has several thousandths side play now.....would you all rebuild with new top end or scrap ??; thank you sooooooo much........Lisa
So basically the bearings have toasted themselves and taken most of the rest with them...

It depends on your budget I guess - work out what will be cheaper to do and assuming you have the skills and the required equipment a rebuild is possible.

Personally I would contact the seller and get them to send you a replacement or the required parts for a rebuild at the very least.

Can I ask - did the engine run out of fuel by any chance?

This is one of the reasons I stand by the commercial engines such as tanaka - because you have a backup and guarantee on the motor from the manufacturer.

Good luck with fixing it up

Jemma xx
"....Look, no pedals... *thud*..." The mating call of the motorized-biker.

"RetroEagle" - 32cc Two-Stroke, Piped. 35mph on #13 gear. Reversed stem with springer fork.