Thread: 100:1 Mix
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 100:1 Mix

If it works for ya and you feel confident in the mix you use, thats all that matters in my book, I've had my engines apart after running the Opti 2 at 1.8 oz's per gal/fuel 70:1 and they are super oily inside but at the same time very clean with no sign of any residue build up.

Just based on what I have seen in my engines the mix I run with the Opti is way more than enough lubrication and it is the finest quality lubrication also IMHO, I love the stuff personally and would never consider running anything else in any of my 2 strokes period........

I'm sure the sabre is very good oil as well, I have heard good things about it, but never used it myself, if I did run it I wouldn't run 100:1 either, I would only run 100:1 with Opti 2 because I know for a fact it has proven it's ability to over protect an engine at that mixture ratio.

I run the 70:1 because the only place I have around here to buy the Opti 2 is a hardware store that just carries the packets for either a 1 gal mix or a packet for a 2 1/2 gal mix, it cost me $1.79 to mix a gallon of fuel with Opti 2 and gas here is $3.69 gal so it cost me $5.48 per gallon to run my bikes.

I always say that if it works for ya and you like the results you get with it, just do it that way, the extra lubrication don't hurt a thing.

Originally Posted by flybytaco View Post
i still wont run 100:1 lol no thanks i run 100:1 oil at 50:1 just got another 30gal of sabre yesterday it will be gone by november
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!