View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New Bike, New Engine, few questions...

Quote " the ported billet intake, although the standard intake fits my NT carb well. Maybe it'll breathe better "

The Jim's ( Manic Mechanic ) ported intake will breathe better and this help with the low rpm 4 stroking, both my bikes do it less after putting that intake on them, they also have an O-ring seal toward the end that may assure that you dont get an air leak, I still smear a thin skim of RTV silicone over the O-ring before installing the carb just for extra insurance.

just remember that before the carb will fit on the intake you must remove the clutch cable outfit that screws into the engine right under where the carb is and with a hacksaw or a cut off wheel on a small grinder take about 1/4" off the threads so that it will sit down low enough for the carb to clear it, this isnt optional when using the ported intake, it's a must do simple mod.

The ported intake also allows more room for the carb and filter on the back of the engine.

Sorry about all the info. I spewd out at ya in the previous post's, I did not reallize you had already built a bike up and was atlking to you as a complete newbie, I feel bad now just didnt know about the experience you already have......Good luck with the new Caddy build, be sure and show us pics as you go or after your done....

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!