View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

OK so I was wanting to try out the Manic Mechanic straight intake for a while but was always thinking that they might be problematic especially when trying to mount a CNSv1 or 2 what with the clutch cable guide post being as high as it was.

The other day I was talking to Robert at Piston bikes and he said he got some of the new version that are larger and made specifically for the CNS carbs to mount them without the insulator ring and he also confirmed that the clutch cable post was a problem.

Anyway I ordered one and found that the post is so tall that you have to cut about a half inch off of it so it will even clear the float bowl and then screw it all of the way down till it bottoms out. Once I did this it was very hard to put in the clutch cable and I found that pulled very hard after it was adjusted. The clutch cable also rubbed on the bottom of the carb bowl because of the extreme upward angle to the clutch lever.

After looking for a few minutes at the set up it dawned on me that the ferrule on the cable post has the same threads as the clutch cover screws so I pulled the one that lined up with the clutch lever and threaded in the ferrule finger tight and passed the clutch cable through at a right angle and it works great... I then took a 3/8" insulated split clamp and secured the cable to the top screw hole of the clutch cover with a longer screw... I was worried that it might pill tight but it feels great...

Just like Bob Ross from the PBS painting show says "sometimes happy accidents happen when least expected...

Next to make a gasket and mount the new intake cant wait to see how it runs...

Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MM1.jpg (461.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg MM2.jpg (492.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg MM3.jpg (449.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg MM4.jpg (451.1 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 04-28-2011 at 04:15 PM.