View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Dang Dag. Not fun. Gonna be OK Buddyro. You been through tuffer. I got faith in you.

Worst case, be funny when yer done.

(I was gonna say "theres no cryin' in motorized bicycle riding" but thats a lie)

Heads up Man. You will get threw this. Just not gonna be real happy for a bit.
You know Dan, your right. I went and I got creative. I used some redneck engerneering and this is the solution I came up with. (cause I wasn't walking back into town.) Now I warn you all DON"T TRY THIS AT HOME! I'm a trained Redneck.

I went and got me a piece of old bicycle shifter cable and I ran that through the bolt hole in the casting, wrapped that around the jug of my motor pulling the carb onto the intake.through the spring mounting location on my Expansion chamber and back to the bolt hole the I twisted the cable into a fisherman's knot and held that in place by twisting some copper romex around that so it won't come loose. I then got the best tool in any tool kit, the DUCT tape! I also needed to make a low profile air cleaner so I made one from a Juicy Juice Bottle lid. Thought you'd like that. Well I took her out and rode into town (she ran great) and replaced the stripped clamp.
I f it doesn't rain too bad I'm goin' riding later too. Here are some pics. to laugh at...Enjoy. Is that funny enough?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P250411_22.35.jpg (52.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg P250411_22.36.jpg (65.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg P250411_22.38.jpg (49.6 KB, 28 views)
Hope it Helps. I am also a proud member of the 20 MPH. club