View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what is going to break next?

Well, I know a lot of people have issues with the HT (China Girl) engines, but I can honestly say that I virtually have none..... I have 1,015 Miles on my first build now with a BGF 66cc kit and I have 380 Miles on my second BGF 66cc Slant Kit engine, I did cook this one at around 20 miles but it was my fault for running it to hard with a very lean oil/fuel mix for about 6+ miles non stop and I seized it up and had to completely rebuild it, new jug, new piston, new crank assy. and now this is by far the best of the two engines.

It seems to me that the majority of the people here that truely understand these engines and put them together right have the least amount of trouble with them, I do understand that they are very poorly built in some areas and are prone to have some issues because of it, but I honestly just get on mine and go on several mile trips all the time without ever having a glitch.

I like these little engines and think that they are a great bang for the buck and I also believe that they can be made to be pretty dang reliable if they are set up to be and also run right with a quality oil like Opti 2, which I think is the very best IMHO.

Replace 95+% of the stock Nuts & Bolts with high grade stuff

Mount-em right ( NO Rubber or other cushioning junk, good solid mount to bike )

Tune-em right ( need to understand a 2 smoker and how it works )

Run-em right ( anything can be tore up if it's run beyond it's limit )

And they will serve you well for a good while in my personal experience.

Not knocking the HF 79cc engine at all here, I know it will probably run circles around the China Girl long term, but with china girls giving 5000+ miles to some guys I say that is pretty darn good for a cheap little engine like they are.

Peace & Happy safe riding.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!