View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: OP Cruiser, first build

Custom exhaust done. I found that 3/4" copper fittings slip over the muffler pipes perfect. And that copper flex pipe fits into the fittings perfect. Just cut the brass ends off and you are good to go. The pic is right before I brazed it together. Not the whole thing, just the pipe. The muffler was cut off right where the bends started. I'm just going to put some slits in the couplers and secure to the header and muffler with stainless steel hose clamps. Looks good, follows lines of bike. Plenty of clearance frame and pedals.

The front mount is 1.5" Sick with the steel plate they give you with the motor kit, a 1/8" rubber pad and a 1/8" aluminum plate. 30 mm long socket head cap screws. You can see the copper pipe section I lined the front of the clamp with.

The rear mount is 1.25" Sick with the aluminum spacer they give you with the engine kit cut off so there is no more groove, 1/8" rubber pad, 1/8" aluminum plate and 40 mm long socket head cap screws. Copper backing the clamp in front and one of the steel plates from the kit in the back.

I like it. Now on to the wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scooter20001_1.jpg (366.4 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg scooter20002.jpg (317.4 KB, 168 views)
The only thing in my garage with 4 wheels is the lawnmower