Newbie with lots of questions
Hi all, I'm brand new to this.
I was browsing Craigslist today and stumbled upon a sweet motorized bicycle and have since spent 6 of the last 7 hours on this forum. A productive day at work by my standards.
I have a lot of questions, most were answered by the good old search function but some of them are maybe too basic. Bear with me.
1. I like pedaling a bicycle, can I pedal sometimes, motor sometimes? What specifications would be necessary for that? What would that be called exactly?
2. I live in San Francisco and don't want to pedal up these hills, will some of the standard motors be able to get me up them? (180 lbs)
3. 2 strokes can be upgraded to a multiple speed transmission but are stock single speed? 4 strokes are stock mutliple speed?
4. Does engine transmission share bicycle transmission if I want to pedal sometimes and motor sometimes (same sprockets?)
5. Are there total newbie threads that I haven't found that explain how to pick a bike and a kit and all that stuff? Like an FAQ?
6. Why do chains always have so much slack? Could I not break and re-link a properly fitted chain?
Thanks in advance! I can't wait to build a motorized bicycle! My motorcycles take up too much space.