Originally Posted by mapbike
I did this also and kept breaking rear mounting studs, I removed the rubber and now about 1000 miles later and never another broken stud.
I guess it works for some but not for some as well, mine seem to do much better for reliability with a good solid mount to the frame instead of a flew joint that cause the studs to be over stressed from the vibration of these engines.
to each their own, and what ever works, that is good!
mine is holding tight so far, don't got a huge amount of time on it, but i also used really thin tubes, mine was mostly to protect the frame from the bike potentially gouging my frame where it vibrates, rather then dappen the vibrations themselves.