View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: What do you think about these as handlebar grips?

Would love to see a pic of those grips silverbear, I bet they are a great piece of work, I really enjoy nice leather work, not any good at it myself but my brother has done some nice things, in my family we have always been very proud of our Native American Heritage, but almost all the culture was lost in the last couple of generations, Cherokee & Choctaw from both sides of my family but we are bleached with Irish & German also....pretty much Heinz 57...LOL!

I really like all of the Leather & Bead work though and wish I knew how to do it and had the time for it....!

Originally Posted by silverbear View Post
Comfortable grips are really important if you have arthritis or other hand issues. My difficulties are a combination of early stage arthritis and nerve damage from being struck by lightning sixteen years ago resulting in Guillane Barre Syndrome (like polio). I've tried a number of different grips and in the end my favorite is a set of foam grips which I then cover in hand stitched elk hide. Very comfortable for me even for long rides.