View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: brand new to this so.. i have a few questions!

Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
Hi Luke, Welcome to the other side! I was a big supporter of the scooter scene. I've raced almost every league (ISA,IGPA and USSRL and AMMRA) and know how much maintenance goes into keeping a reliable goped. Not all chinese motors are bad. I think Chris Hill makes the best chinese motors but he's not the cheapest...for good reasons. If you want a Japanese motor, you can go with a 40 Zenoah with a friction drive. Of course there is the CY 420 and 460 but then again they're chinese motors with plating issues. Personally, I'll pay the extra money so I can get the extra reliability. That's why I went with the Italian motor.
Also I can't forget about the 4 strokers. I don't know alot about them but I hear they're pretty reliable. Again Welcome aboard. The guys hear are extremely helpful and will give you solid answers without you.

AKA Team Kenny on GPN
lol thats so funny about Zenoah engines..cause we use zenoah for goped engines as well.. Italian motors?? what and where can i find them, that sounds very interesting..