View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Hello Again from Salisbury, MD

Thanks for the very nice welcome. I have been test riding my Nashbar Grasshopper for the past week, trying to break in the engine as suggested and checking for loose bolts etc. I did find that things loosed up such as the rear sprocket nuts, the handle bars and the chain tension idler.

It has been a blast! I have an easy 4 mile commute to work that I plan on using the bike for now that I am comfortable with it.

After the first few rides with I realized a suspension fork would be nice so added one from EBay. It uses a 26 inch wheel while the rear is 24". The steering geometry didn't change much but the comfort was well worth it (especially at 15-18 mph). Also added some beefier brakes for the front.

After a few more rides I realized that a more cushioned seat and suspension seat post would be nice. It is very nice. I can negotiate the bumps in the road with more confidence.

My wife did the logo for my gas tank. I was referring to the bike as my Harley and she said "Hardly!". That's where the idea came from.

I'll try to attach some pictures.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg motorbike21.JPG (108.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg tanklogo.JPG (188.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg motorbike080808.jpg (85.4 KB, 36 views)